Youth Activators is an exciting project between South Northamptonshire Council, Northants Association of Youth Clubs (NAYC) and South Northants Homes. Youth Activators will deliver free, informal sporting sessions in a range of local community settings for young people between 14 and 19.
The project received £82,773 of national lottery funding from Sport England’s Community Sport Activation Fund and was officially launched on 7 March 2014 by Andrea Leadsom MP and Chris Perks, Director Local Relationships, Sport England.
This project uses sport as a means of engaging with young people and their families across the district:
- to support young people so that they feel valued within their local communities
- to challenge antisocial behaviour (ASB) by young people by providing them with diversionary youth activities
- to signpost young people to positive activities such as youth and sports clubs
- to direct young people into volunteering, training and job opportunities
- to gain qualifications and to develop self esteem and confidence
- to engage with parents and families of the young people in sport and also healthy living activities
- to engage with the parents/guardians of the young people involved on a range of topics determined by the remit of each partner organisation involved
Points mean Prizes!
Youth Activators have teamed up with Bounts, so when you attend a session for the first time you will be offered a key tag (what’s more it’s free) and every time you get active, you can earn points. Points mean rewards, anything from Argos to Waterstones and lots of local rewards too.
This is a great incentive for young people to exercise and take part in activities and what an easy way to earn rewards!
Youth Activator sessions are now up and running in Towcester, Nether Heyford, Bugbrooke, Hartwell and Grange Park.
If you are a young person and you are interested in getting involved, either attending some of the sessions or volunteering to help out at the sessions, why not contact us to find out more?
Tweet: @Youth Activators twitter.com/YouthActivators